- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Pudding Recipe
|Ground walnuts||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Caster sugar||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (for finish)|
|Walnut halves||2 Ounce (50 gram, for finish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3290 Calories from Fat 1912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 225 g346.7%
Saturated Fat 37.3 g186.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 931.6 mg
Sodium 302.8 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 271 g90.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.3%
Sugars 239.2 g
Protein 68 g136.7%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 41.8% Iron 66.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine the ground walnuts and spice together.
2) In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together, until pale and creamy.
3) In a bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites, then fold into the egg yolk mixture, alternately with the ground walnuts.
4) In a buttered 600 ml/ 2 1/2 cup pudding steaming mold, pour the mixture.
5) Cover with a greased foil and steam for 1 1/2 hours, or until firm and spongy.
6) Allow to slightly shrink, then unmold on a platter.
7) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Freeze, then wrap in a foil, seal, label and freeze.
8) Pipe rosettes of whipped cream on the Walnut Pudding and serve.
9) If using the frozen dish, unwrap and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Serve as indicated in step 8.