- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Mousse Recipe
|Walnut pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Semi-sweet chocolate squares||4 Ounce (4 Squares)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 577 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.2%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.5 mg
Sodium 42.2 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 9% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grind the walnuts finely.
2) Divide eggs, place yolks in small bowl and whites in medium-size bowl.
3) In small saucepan boil milk over medium heat.
4) Whisk sugar and flour to egg yolks and blend. Whisk little hot milk into egg yolk mixture and shift yolk mixture to milk in saucepan. Whisk till done.
5) Keep whisking and bring mixture to boil over medium heat.
6) Remove pan and fold in walnuts.
7) In medium-size bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer at high speed until stiff.
8) Turn up one-third of egg whites into mousse and fold mousse into remaining egg white.
9) Turn mousse into a deep serving dish. Set aside at room temperature or refrigerate till ready to serve.
10) Before serving mix chocolate and butter in top half of double boiler over with little simmering water, and heat until chocolate is melted. Stir occasionally.
11) Separate mousse in bowls and top with hot chocolate sauce.