- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Ghriba Recipe Video
|Raw walnuts||450 Gram|
|Gum arabic||1 Pinch (mastic) (Optional)|
|Granulated white sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apricot jam||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Eggs||2 Large, separated|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for rolling the cookies)|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.3 mg
Sodium 44.5 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.55%
Calcium 5% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, grind the walnuts to powder. Transfer in to a large bowl.
2. In a mortar, put the mastic pebbles with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and crush it with a pestle (if using mastic). Transfer it into the bowl with walnut powder.
3. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Into the bowl with walnut powder and mastic, add sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, apricot jam (if using) and egg yolks.
6. With clean hands, mix them well till all are combined. Put the melted butter and continue mixing till it becomes doughy and can be rolled into balls.
7. Roll them into walnut sized balls and place them on a plate.
8. Take egg whites and powdered sugar in separate bowls.
9. Dip each ball into egg white and then in powdered sugar generously.
10. Place it on the baking tray with parchment paper and press them gently to flatten a little.
11. Repeat this with all the balls and place them away from each other as they will expand during baking.
12. Bake in the oven for 10- 13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
13. Gently put them in powdered sugar to coat well. Let them cool completely.
14. In a serving plate, arrange the cookies and serve with Moroccan mint tea or any other refreshing beverage of choice.