- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Festival Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3224 Calories from Fat 1162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.8%
Saturated Fat 63.8 g318.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 457.9 mg152.6%
Sodium 1286.2 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 471 g156.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.6%
Sugars 208.1 g
Protein 51 g102.9%
Vitamin A 62.6% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 103.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Blend together butter and sugar to make it light and creamy.
3. Add orange rind, egg and milk to the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, salt and soda and put it into the creamed mixture.
5. Add walnuts and raisins to it and stir.
6. Using the palms of the hands, make small balls.
7. Take greased cookie sheet, put the balls on it.
8. Level the balls with a fork dipped in milk.
9. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
10. Serve in a dish.