- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Crumb Apple Pie Recipe
|9 inch pie shell||1 (Unbaked)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), packed|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned sliced apples||20 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 774 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 426.1 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a bowl, add the flour, sugar and spices. Mix well.
3) Now, cut in the margarine until the mixture has a coarse consistency.
4) Stir in the nuts.
5) Into the unbaked pie shell, turn half of this mixture.
6) Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add boiling water and dissolve the baking soda.
7) Gradually add molasses and apples.
8) Pour apples over the flour mixture in the pie shell.
9) Cover the shell with the remaining flour mixture.
10) Place the shell on a cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes, or until done.
11) Cool for a while and serve garnished with finely chopped nuts.