- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Cookies Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lard||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1721 Calories from Fat 782
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g139.1%
Saturated Fat 26.2 g131%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.2 mg
Sodium 516.4 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 103.3 g
Protein 30 g59.1%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 49.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the flour and salt, sifting them together
3) Take another bowl and add butter,lard and sugar, creaming them until fluffy and light.
4) Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture, beating them well.
5) Add the sifted, dry mixture to it and blend properly.
6) Add the chopped walnuts and stir them in.
7) Take a sheet of wax paper and wrap the dough creating long rolls out of it.
8) Refrigerate for a few hours.
9) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
10) Place the cookies on it.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately.
12) Serve as required.