- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Walnut Brunchies Recipe
|Dry yeast granules/1 cake compressed yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|All bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3979 Calories from Fat 2194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 253 g389.6%
Saturated Fat 113.1 g565.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 671.1 mg
Sodium 835.5 mg34.8%
Total Carbohydrates 395 g131.5%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.2%
Sugars 191 g
Protein 57 g114.8%
Vitamin A 127.4% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 32.1% Iron 129%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift together flour and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine egg and All-Bran; let stand until most moisture is absorbed. Add butter; beat well. Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Add yeast, mixing just until combined.
4. Divide dough into two parts. On floured surface roll out each half to a 13 x 9-inch rectangle.
5. Beat together cream cheese, sugar and fruit peels until light and fluffy. Spread half of mixture on each rectangle. Sprinkle with walnuts.
6. Starting from the 13-inch side, roll dough, jelly roll fashion. Place seam-side down on lightly greased baking sheet. Slit each roll halfway through lengthwise.
7. Bake in moderate oven (375°F.) about 25 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Cut into diagonal pieces.