- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Waldorf Salad Recipe
|Red skinned apples||4|
|Celery stalks||4 , thinly sliced crosswise|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mayonnaise/Prepared mayonnaise/yogurt dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Apple slices||4 , toasted in lemon juice|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.6 mg
Sodium 291.1 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a knife quarter the apples and remove cores.
2) Chop the apple quarters.
3) Put apples in a medium bowl.
4) Add lemon juice and toss it with the apples to prevent from browning.
5) Add celery, walnuts and dates.
6) Add mayonnaise or Yogurt Dressing.
7) Season with salt and pepper.
8) Transfer salad in a serving dish.
9) Garnish with celery leaves and apple slices on top. Pass with cold meats.