- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Wagoim Wheel Apple Pie Recipe
|Prepared pastry mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), packed|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Washington state apples||5|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4947 Calories from Fat 2038
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 229 g352.2%
Saturated Fat 73.7 g368.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 285.3 mg
Sodium 8607.3 mg358.6%
Total Carbohydrates 586 g195.4%
Dietary Fiber 45 g180%
Sugars 275.1 g
Protein 163 g325.1%
Vitamin A 50.9% Vitamin C 94.1%
Calcium 401.8% Iron 109.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together raisins and walnuts and keep aside.
2) Read the package directions and prepare the pastry accordingly. While preparing add in the cheese and mix well.
3) In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, mace, lemon peel and salt.
4) Line a 9-inch pie plate with half the cheese pastry. Roll the other half into a 6 x 12-inch rectangle.
5) Cut the rectangle into 10 1/2-inch strips.
6) Pare and core the apples and thinly slice.
7) Arrange half the apples in a pastry-lined pan.
8) Top with half the raisin mix and half the sugar mix.
9) Continue layering.
10) Add lemon juice over the apples and then dot with butter.
11) Twist the pastry strips to make spoke-wheel top and flute the edges with fingers.
12) Brush the strips with milk.
13) Place in the oven at 425 degrees and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, till tender.
14) Serve topped with whipped cream.