- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Warm milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.6 mg
Sodium 575.6 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.2%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 0.07%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dissolve yeast in warm milk.
2. Heat a waffle iron
3. In a basin, sieve flour and salt. Add wheat germ.
4.Take a lmixing bowl and beat egg yolks with milk.
5. Add melted butter or oil, honey and dissolved yeast to the egg mixture.
6. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients whisking until smooth.
7. Beat egg whites till stiff and gently fold into the batter just before making the waffles.
8. Use a ladle to pour about 1/4 cup of batter into one side of hot and lightly oiled waffle iron.
9. Bake until golden brown.
10. Serve waffles warm with apple sauce, syrup, honey, cream or use to make desserts.