- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vitello Tonnato Recipe
|Boneless veal shoulder roast||2 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , sliced|
|Stalk celery||1 , sliced|
|Dry white wine/Sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|For tuna mayonnaise|
|Mayonnaise||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Prepared / Bottled)|
|Canned tuna packed in oil||6 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1/2 Can)|
|Canned tuna in oil||3 1⁄4 Ounce, undrained (1/2 Of 6 1/2 Ounce Can)|
|Anchovy paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, drained (For Garnish)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Lemon slices||3 , cut in half (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
Calories 930 Calories from Fat 522
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.4%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.5 mg
Sodium 1272.7 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 87 g174.8%
Vitamin A 57.8% Vitamin C 20.5%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan take veal.
2) Add onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3) Add cold water almost covering the veal.
4) Stir in wine or sherry.
5) Cover the pan and bring to a boil.
6) Reduce heat and simmer for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours until tender.
7) Let cool in cooking liquid to cool.
8) Prepare Tuna Mayonnaise: In a blender or food processor add all ingredients fitted and process until smooth.
9) Add some cooled cooking liquid to lighten the mayonnaise consistency.
10) Slice the veal thinly.
11) Spread each slice with 1 teaspoon of Tuna Mayonnaise.
12) On a serving platter, arrange slices overlapping.
13) Spoon remaining mayonnaise on top.
14) Chill for several hours or overnight to firm mayonnaise.
15) Garnish with anchovies, capers, lemon slices, and parsley sprigs. Enjoy this salad for a buffet lunch or dinner.