- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vinaigrette Italiano Recipe
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1461 Calories from Fat 1434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.5%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1948.6 mg81.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.83 g1.7%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small, non-metallic bowl or in a jar with screw on lid, combine olive all with seasonings, herbs and garlic. Stir well.
2. Let stand for 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
3. Add the vinegar and stir or shake until well amalgamated.
4. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours before using so that the flavors seep into the oil, vinegar.
5. Use this vinaigrette to dress greens or other Italian style salads.