- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe Video
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 80.1 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.31 g0.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.54%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.29 g0.59%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.02% Iron 0.01%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl combine vinegar along with salt and pepper. Mix so the salt dissolves in the vinegar.
2. Add Dijon mustard and mix well, add extra virgin olive oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Check for seasoning; if it is too sharp add a bit more olive oil.
4. Finally add finely chopped fresh herbs.
5. Serve the dressing with your fresh salad.
You can always experiment with other vinegars and oils, but the thumb rule is the same; 1 part vinegar, 1 part mustard to 4 parts oil.