- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Village Salad With Grilled Pita Bread Recipe
|Vine ripe tomato||3 , cut into chunks|
|Red onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Seedless cucumber||1⁄2 , cut into bite size chunks (European)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chunked|
|Green bell pepper||1 Small, seeded and chunked|
|Kalamata olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Black Variety)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped for a couple handfuls|
|Greek feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (Imported)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A Couple Glugs)|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon (3 Splashes)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed in palm of your hand|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 1215.9 mg50.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 131.8%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl combine vegetables, olives and parsley.
2. On top of the salad, rest sliced feta cheese.
3. In a small plastic container combine oil, vinegar and oregano with a lid.
4. Combine oil and vinegar by shaking vigorously to and pour over salad and cheese.
5. Seasoning with salt and pepper let the salad marinate until ready to serve.