- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Nuoc Cham Sauce Recipe Video
|Rice paper sheets||8 (Vietnamese)|
|For nouc cham|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Vietnamese)|
|White vinegar/Rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||5 , minced|
|Thai chiles||3 (or to taste)|
|Cooked chicken breast slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thai basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded romaine lettuce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thai chiles||4 , slices in half (thai bird chili)|
|Black wood ear fungus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 0.73 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.9 mg
Sodium 754.7 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 41% Vitamin C 11.4%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put together all the ingredients for Nouc Cham and whisk well to combine, set aside.
2. In a bowl with water, dip the sheet for 5 seconds and, place it on a clean working table.
3. Arrange little bit chicken diagonally in one corner.
4. Put in layers some bean sprouts, basil, Thai chillies, carrots, scallions, romaine lettuce and ear fungus, over the chicken.
5. Bring the side corner and the shorter corner in the centre to form a envelope.
6. Roll the sheet tightly holding all the ingredients, without breaking the sheet.
7. Repeat the same to make more roll, using different combination of filling.
8. Cut in bite size pieces or serve whole, as desired with nouc cham sauce.