- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Version of Vietnamese Shrimp Rice Cakes Part 3 of 5 Recipe Video
|Steamed jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For shrimp topping|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Shallot||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.29 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 324.4 mg13.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 0.31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saran wrap, place the jasmine rice and make a log. Wrap the rice and place in refrigerator for an hour.
2. For shrimp topping – in a mortar, place the shrimp and crush with pestle until a shredded consistency is obtained.
3. Heat oil in a shallow pan and add in the shallot. Sauté for a minute.
4. Add in the shrimp and stir well. Season with fish sauce and salt and sauté for another 1 minute.
5. Take out the jasmine log from the fridge and slice into ½ inch thickness.
6. Heat the rice cakes into the microwave.
7. Top the rice cakes with shallot oil, shrimp and bean sauce. Serve and enjoy!