- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Version of Vietnamese Shrimp Rice Cakes Part 2 of 5 Recipe Video
|Steamed jasmine rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For shrimp topping|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 118 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 299.9 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 0.31%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saran wrap, place the jasmine rice and make a log. Wrap the rice and place in refrigerator for an hour.
2. For shrimp topping – in a mortar, place the shrimp and crush with pestle until a shredded consistency is obtained.
3. Heat oil in a shallow pan and add in the shallot. Sauté for a minute.
4. Add in the shrimp and stir well. Season with fish sauce and salt and sauté for another 1 minute.
5. Take out the jasmine log from the fridge and slice into ½ inch thickness.
6. Heat the rice cakes into the microwave.
7. Top the rice cakes with shallot oil, shrimp and bean sauce. Serve and enjoy!