- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
American Version of Vietnamese Shrimp Rice Cakes Part 1 of 5 Recipe Video
|For steamed rice|
|Rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For shrimp topping|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 290.7 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, add in the rice flour and salt. Pour in the water and whisk well. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
2. Place small bowls in bamboo steamer and steam for 5 – 6 minutes.
3. For shrimp topping – in a mortar, place the shrimp and crush with pestle until a shredded consistency is obtained.
4. Heat oil in a shallow pan and add in the shallot. Sauté for a minute.
5. Add in the shrimp and stir well. Season with fish sauce and salt and sauté for another 1 minute.
6. Take out the jasmine log from the fridge and slice into ½ inch thickness.
7. Heat the rice cakes into the microwave.
8. Top the rice cakes with shallot oil, shrimp and bean sauce. Serve and enjoy!