- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vietnamese Rolls - Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe Video
|Rice paper sheets||20|
|Extra firm tofu||8 Ounce, slice into 1/2 inch|
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Jumbo shrimp||8 Large, poached|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 , butterflied|
|Mixed greens||2 Cup (32 tbs) (green lettuce for your taste such as arugula and spinach)|
|Banana||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , cut into thin strips|
|Pickling cucumber||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple||10 Ounce, chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|For the sweet and spicy sauce|
|Palm sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thai chili peppers||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|For the peanut butter sauce|
|Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.1 mg
Sodium 178 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 5% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet heat peanut oil.
2. Sprinkle salt on sliced tofu; place in the pan and fry 6 to 7 minutes each side. Transfer to paper towel, cool; cut into thin strips. Set aside.
3. Prepare and poach the shrimp and set aside.
4. Beat eggs with salt, black pepper and 1 tablespoon of water.
5. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat heat 1 teaspoon oil; wipe excess oil with paper towel.
6. Pour egg mixture; swirl to coat egg thinly and evenly. When the omelet begins to set, flip over to cook other side. Remove from pan, cool; cut into thin strips and set aside.
7. In a pan over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
8. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and pepper evenly over chicken.
9. Place chicken in the pan and cook 6 minutes on each side or until cooked. Remove from pan, let it rest 10 minutes then cut into thin strips and set aside.
10. For the Vietnamese sweet and sour sauce: In a bowl, add palm sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, chopped chilies and fish sauce. Mix well.
11. For the Peanut Sauce: In a bowl, add the peanut butter, honey and soy sauce. Mix well to combine.
12. Arrange tofu, shrimp, egg omelet, chicken, greens, banana, bell pepper, cucumber, bean sprouts, pineapple, and cilantro in a platter alongside all the bowls containing the different sauces.
13. Fill a wide bowl with hot water and place it on table, and place rice papers beside bowl.
14. To make rolls, take a rice paper, dip in water for a few seconds.
15. Lay soften rice paper on plate and spread prepared vegetables and proteins as desired; drizzle your favorite sauce, herbs.
16. Roll up the bottom edge to secure the filling, turn and tuck in the sides and continue to roll up tight and gently. Follow the video.
17. Serve right away.