- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tran Can Cook ft. Alton Brown: How To Make Nuoc Mam Cham (Vietnamese Fish Sauce) Recipe Video
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Three crabs fish sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Squid brand fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, chopped finely|
|Chili sauce/Serrano chilies||1 Teaspoon (As per your taste)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice from one lime)|
Calories 35 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0.01%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 695.8 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.06%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 0.5 g0.99%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.68%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.46%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl of water, add 'Three Crabs' fish sauce, 'Squid' (brand) Fish sauce along with white sugar and white distilled vinegar. Mix to combine well.
2. Transfer into a pot and boil. Once it starts to boil, lower the heat and let simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Take it off the heat and let cool. Refrigerate for a couple of hours until cold.
4. Once cold, add the garlic chili sauce and lime juice. Stir to mix well.
5. Serve as a dipping sauce with any dish of your choice.