- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vietnamese Banh Mi Recipe Video
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned|
|Daikon radish||1⁄4 Medium, julienned|
|Mango||1⁄2 Medium, peeled, julienned|
|Cooked meat||1⁄2 Pound (Stir Fried Beef / Baked Chicken / Duck / Pork / Cold Cuts)|
|Coriander leaves||8 Medium (With Stems)|
|Thai basil leaves||12 Medium|
|Red chilies/Green chilies||To Taste, minced|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1590 Calories from Fat 647
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.8%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.7 mg
Sodium 1350 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 52.3 g
Protein 81 g161.4%
Vitamin A 318.4% Vitamin C 87.3%
Calcium 43.7% Iron 46.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Stir sugar into rice wine vinegar until it dissolves.
2. Add Julienned carrots (and radishes if using) and let sit for at least an hour.
3. Add cucumbers and mangoes to marinating carrots, toss and leave for 5 minutes.
4. Slice buns open 3/4 of the way through, leaving a hinge intact. Spread 1/4 of the butter on each of the four buns.
5. Drain marinating vegetables of any excess liquid and divide evenly among 4 buns. Do the same thing with the meat, coriander, basil and chilies.
6. Serve immediately and take a bite.