- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Viennese Whirls Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||6 Ounce|
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.4 mg
Sodium 78.9 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cream butter and sugar and add cornstarch such that it is light and fluffy.
2. Beat the milk, salt and lemon rind.
3. Sift flour into it and mix together thoroughly adding more milk if it is too thick.
4. Fill the milk mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle and pipe the mixture onto greased baking sheet into S's or circles.
5. Bake in the oven for ten minutes at 325° F and cool on a cake rack
6. In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
7. Dip the cookies in chocolate, dry on wax paper and serve.