- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Viennese Shortcakes Recipe
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 686 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 25.6 g128.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.7 mg
Sodium 365.7 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 18.5 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.1% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sieve both the flours together in a bowl.
3. Cream fat and sugar adding the vanilla essence.
4. Beat in the flour working the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth.
5. Put mixture into a forcing bag filled with a large rose pipe.
6. Pipe mixture in circles or strips on to the trays.
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven (375°F - Gas Mark 5).
8. Cool on a wire tray. When cold, sandwich with butter cream.