- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggy in a Basket Recipe Video
|Wheat bread slices||2|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (or sea salt)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (or any cooking oil)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 404.5 mg
Sodium 682.7 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a cookie cutter or a rice cup, cut holes in the center of the bread slices.
2. Take a frying pan. Put butter on it and heat it till the butter melts.
3. Place the bread slices on the pan.
4. Break the eggs one by one into the center of the bread to fill the hollow.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it and allow toasting.
6. Once one side is done flip the bread carefully without spilling the egg and toast the other side.
7. In a serving plate, serve it hot and enjoy.