- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Self-raising flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.7 mg
Sodium 398.2 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 325°F, 170°C or Gas No. 3.
2) In a bowl cream butter or margarine and sugar for 5 minutes until light.
3) Add eggs and vanilla essence. Mix gently.
4) Whisk egg into creamed mixture a little at a time beating well after each addition.
5) Stir in sifted flour along with last few additions of egg.
6) With a metal spoon fold in remaining flour.
7) Fill mixture into greased and lined, 8-inch (20-cm), sandwich cake tin and smooth level.
8) Place at the centre of oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
9) Let the cake cook for 2 minutes and then remove.
10) Fill with buttercream or fresh cream and jam when cooled.