- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Victoria Sponge Recipe
|Margarine/Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Self rising flour||4 Ounce, sifted (100 Gram)|
|Boiling water||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Raspberry jam||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62 mg
Sodium 277.9 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 27.7 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and grease and line 2 x 18 cm (7 in) round sandwich tins.
2. Cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and adding 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the flour between each addition very thoroughly.
4. Using a metal spoon fold in the remaining flour.
5. Finally, stir in the boiling water and mix well.
6. Distribute the mixture between the prepared tins and bake for 20—25 minutes until the cake is lightly browned and springs back when pressed lightly with a finger.
7. Take out of the and turn out on to a wire rack to cool.
8. When cold, spread the underside of one cake with jam, lay the other cake carefully on top and dredge with the extra caster sugar.