- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Double Cream And Jam Victoria Sandwich Recipe
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Warm water||4 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, whipped|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For sprinkling)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4336 Calories from Fat 2360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 267 g410.3%
Saturated Fat 123.1 g615.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1333.6 mg
Sodium 3458.9 mg144.1%
Total Carbohydrates 445 g148.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 265.3 g
Protein 51 g103%
Vitamin A 132.8% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 94% Iron 80.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line two 8 inch layered cake pans with non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in the butter and sugar. Beat till it becomes light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one by one.
4) In a bowl, sift together the flour and salt. Add in 1 tablespoon of the flour into the egg mixture.
5) Gently fold in the rest of the flour. Add enough water to get a easy flowing batter consistency.
6) Transfer the mixture equally into the two cake pans.
7) Bake for 25 minutes or till the batter becomes golden and rises.
8) Let cool out of the pans over the wire rack.
9) If you want to freeze the cake, wrap the cakes in two separate cling films. Place in a freezer bag. Freeze the bag.
10) Serve the Sandwich Cake with a spread of jam and double cream. Sprinkle icing sugar on top.
11) Thaw the Cake by placing at room temperature for 4 hours.
12) Serve as in step 10.