- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Victoria Plum Jam Recipe
|Granulated sugar||4 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7173 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.92 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrates 1852 g617.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 1845.5 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 22.8% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pick the fruit over, remove any stalks and discard any damaged fruit.
2. Slit through the fruit all the way to the stone and twist the two halves to remove the stoned; if difficult to remove, they can be cooked whole and seeded later.
3. In a saucepan or preserving pan, place the fruit and allow it to simmer gently for twenty minutes until the fruit turns tender.
4. As the fruit cooks, crack about a dozen or so of the stones and remove the kernels inside them.
5. In a bowl of boiling water, dip the kernels and blanch them for a minute; drain and reserve for later.
6. Into the saucepan, add sugar and allow to dissolve over a low flame.
7. Bring to a boil and cook for a set, say twenty minutes.
8. Turn the heat off, add reserved kernels and skim it.
9. Pour into clean warm jars, covering and sealing while still hot.
10. Serve/Use as required