- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vickie's Tomato-Basil Pie Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, chopped and drained (roma tomatoes, chopped and drained)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Fresh basil||12 Medium, chopped|
|Pie crust||1 Medium, baked (9-inch)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4022 Calories from Fat 2918
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 326 g502.1%
Saturated Fat 95.4 g476.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 437.7 mg
Sodium 4567.4 mg190.3%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g58.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g51%
Sugars 24.1 g
Protein 95 g190.2%
Vitamin A 143.9% Vitamin C 133.1%
Calcium 238.5% Iron 36.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together mozzarella and cheddar cheese with mayonnaise.
3. In a pie crust, place half of tomato, onion and basil, in layers.
4. Top with layers of remaining tomato, onion, and basil.
5. Spread the cheese mixture over top of the vegetables and top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until golden brown on top.
7. Let the pie stand for 15 minutes so the pie sets well.
8. Cut in wedges and serve.