- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vichyssoise Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Small, choppped|
|Garlic clove||1 , minced|
|Leeks||3 Cup (48 tbs), washed and chopped|
|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs), peeled and sliced thinly|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Single cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.1 mg
Sodium 332.2 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using sharp knife, cut the tops and ends of celery, and slice it vertically.
2. Wash the leeks thoroughly, to make sure there is no dirt left.
3. Slice the leeks thinly.
4. In a saucepan, melt butter, and add in onion and garlic, stir well to mix and allow to sweat.
5. Add in the leeks, stir and let cook for another minute.
6. Put in the potatoes and the chicken stock and bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are fork tender for about 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and blend it a little at a time or use immersion blender.
8. In a clean bowl, put pureed vegetables add in the cream and season with salt and pepper, and stir to mix.
9. Allow the soup to cool and put it into the refrigerator until chilled.
10. To serve ladle the soup into a soup bowl and sprinkle some fresh cut chives on the top.
Serve it with fresh crusty bread.