- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Potatoes||3 Small, peeled and sliced for 2 1/2cups|
|Chicken broth/White stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped (for garnishing)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.8%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g93.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.5 mg
Sodium 862.9 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 20.7% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the tops from leeks; slice leeks to make about 2/3 cup.
2. In a saucepan cook leeks and onion in butter or margarine till vegetables are tender but not brown.
3. Stir in the sliced potatoes, chicken broth or White Stock, and salt bring the mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 35 to 40 minutes or till potatoes are very tender.
5. Put half of the mixture in a blender; cover and blend till mixture is smooth.
6. Pour into a bowl; repeat the same blending action with the remaining mixture.
7. Return all the mixture to saucepan and add milk; stirring continuously, bring the to boil.
8. Season to taste with additional salt and white pepper.
9. Cool it slightly and stir in the cream.
10. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.
11. Arrange the soup into individual soup bowl and garnish with snipped chives.