- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Vichyssoise Soup Recipe
|Reduced calorie margarine||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Pared potato||4 Ounce, diced|
|Potato||4 Ounce, pared|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Whites of leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 291.1 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 16.2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) SautÃ© potato, leeks, salt, and pepper in it over medium heat, until leeks are soft.
3) Pour in broth and allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4) Lower heat and then simmer the mixture, covered until potatoes are tender.
5) Let the potato mixture cool slightly and then process the mixture in a blender container or work bowl of food processor until smooth.
6) Place the mixture back to saucepan and then mix in milk.
7) Cook the soup over low heat until hot, ensuring not to boil.
8) Allow the soup to cool slightly and then keep covered in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
9) Serve cold.