- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Reserve Greens)|
|Milk free margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||4|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled, diced|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 0.79 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1191.2 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 3 g5.8%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet heat margarine, brown scallions in it and set aside.
2) In a bowl, combine cubes and boiling water to prepare bouillon.
3) Stir in potatoes along with 2 cups of bouillon to scallions.
4) Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
5) Decrease heat and cook covered on simmering for 25 minutes.
6) Let stand and cool the mixture.
7) Using a blender beat the mixture until thoroughly combined.
8) Blend for a longer time to get a thicker soup.
9) Transfer into a bowl or pitcher and chill overnight.
10) Garnish with chopped scallion greens.
11) Serve cold.