- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Vichyssoise Soup Recipe
|Leeks||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1 3⁄4 Pint (1 Liter)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced (750 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Single cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, chilled (150 Milliliter)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (To Garnish)|
Calories 730 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.1 mg
Sodium 623.1 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 109.4% Vitamin C 124.5%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the leeks by cutting the green tops and discarding their green tops.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and fry the leeks and onions over medium low heat with constant stirring for 5 minute such that soft.
3. Add the stock, potatoes, nutmeg and seasoning as per taste and bring it to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and let it simmer with partial covering for about 25 minutes.
5. Then add milk and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes more.
6. For making the puree in a food processor puree the soup in batches and collect in a bowl by passing through a sieve.
7. Add single cream to the soup, cover and refrigerate for about 3 to 5 hours.
8. Serve after swirling in double cream and seasoning as per taste with a garnish of chives.