- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Consomme Flavored Vichyssoise Soup Recipe
|Leeks||4 (White Part Only)|
|Potatoes||5 Medium, finley sliced|
|Chicken consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 931 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 1299.2 mg54.1%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 60 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 90.5% Vitamin C 115.6%
Calcium 54.3% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely chop leeks and onions
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3. Saute the onion and leeks until soft.
4. Add potatoes, consomme and salt stir well.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame, cover the pan and simmer for 35 minutes until potatoes are tender.
7. Turn contents of the pan into a liquidizer and blend into a smooth puree.
8. Pour the puree back into the saucepan.
9. Return on a medium flame.
10. Stir in milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Check for seasoning.
12. Take pan off the flame and cool to room temperature.
13. When completely cooled, blend in the cream.
14. Place pan in the refrigerator and chill soup.
15. Ladle the chilled soup into deep dish soup plates.
16. Garnish with finely chopped chives.
17. Serve chilled soup with crusty bread.