- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|White of leek||4|
|Chicken consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg
Sodium 642.6 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 33.6% Vitamin C 50.8%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the leeks and the onions and chop finely
2. In a large skillet, tip in the butter and add the leeks and the onions to brown very lightly in butter.
3. Add potatoes, consommé and salt and cook, covered, for 35 minutes.
4. Push this mixture through a sieve, discard the solids and return the mixture to the pan on the heat
5. Add the milk and heat but do not boil for five minutes. Set aside to cool.
6. Add the cream and chill thoroughly before serving.
7. Top with finely chopped chives and serve cold.