- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Very Berry Sorbet Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Strawberries/Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), pureed|
|Creme de cassis liqueur/Cranberry juice cocktail||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.18 g0.27%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.05%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 29.3 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 61.1%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium saucepan, mix unflavored gelatine with sugar and blend in water.
2. Let stand 1 minute.
3. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
4. Let cool to room temperatureand stir in remaining ingredients.
5. Into 9-inch square baking pan pour and let it freeze 3 hours or until firm.
6. With electric mixer or food processor, beat mixture until smooth.
7. Return to pan and freeze 2 hours or until firm.
8. To serve, let stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until slightly softened.
9. Into dessert dishes or stemmed glassware spoon.
10. Garnish, if desired, with fresh fruit.