- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vermont Vegetable New Year Rolls Recipe
|For egg rolls|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Celeriac/Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled and chopped|
|Sunflower sprouts||3 Ounce|
|Green onion||1 , chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Egg roll dough/20 egg roll wrappers||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Pan)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 253.6 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the sprouts, onion and cilantro to the pan and mix well.
3. Lay out four egg roll sheets at a time. Add a generous 1/4-cup of mixture to each piece of egg roll dough, and roll following the instructions on the package. Cover and set aside until all are complete.
4. To cook the egg rolls, add enough olive oil to lightly cover the bottom of a sauté pan. Heat over medium-high heat, and when oil is thoroughly heated, add egg rolls. Turn the egg rolls frequently and cook for 10 minutes, or until roll is consistently lightly browned.
5. To make the sauce, add the olive oil, garlic and ginger to a small sauté pan, and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
6. Whisk the cornstarch into the orange juice and add to the sauté pan. Add the soy sauce, honey and sesame oil and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Sauce can be prepared ahead and refigerated. Serve the egg rolls on a platter with the sauce in a small bowl.
For more seasonal recipes like this, you can purchase Cooking Close to Home: A Year of Seasonal Recipes by clicking here.