- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vermicelli With Vegetables Recipe
|Hot water||1 Quart|
|Vermicelli||8 Ounce (Thin Spaghetti)|
|Broccoli flowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Cauliflower flowerets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce, cleaned and sliced lengthwise|
|Zucchini||1 Small, sliced|
|Cooked ham strips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Parmesan Or Romano)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1980 Calories from Fat 840
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.7%
Saturated Fat 55.3 g276.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289.9 mg
Sodium 2576.3 mg107.3%
Total Carbohydrates 191 g63.7%
Dietary Fiber 14 g56%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 80 g159.8%
Vitamin A 80.8% Vitamin C 240.2%
Calcium 56.6% Iron 39.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add vermicelli to boiling water; stir. Cook covered in microwave oven 6 minutes at High.
3. Remove from oven and let stand covered 5 minutes; drain.
4. Meanwhile, put vegetables into a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 6 minutes at High; stir once.
5. Add ham to cooked vegetables; stir. Let stand covered while preparing sauce.
6. Combine cream, butter, chives, basil, pepper and nutmeg in a 1-quart glass measuring cup. Cook uncovered 3 minutes at High; stir once.
7. Add vegetables and ham to drained vermicelli. Add sauce and cheese; toss until coated.