- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Venison with Fudge and Walnuts Recipe - Cooking Made Simple by Belucci Recipe Video
|Venison fillet||1 (marinated in wine)|
|Port wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 54.7 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 15 g30.8%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife and slit open the venison fillet.
2. Put the fudge in venison fillet and roll it back.
3. Place the venison with in flour and coat it on all sides.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat oil and fry the venison.
5. In the same pan, add walnuts and toast it with margarine.
6. Pour in the port wine from the marinade and allow it to reduce.
7. Allow to cook until the meat is tender, and add more wine or water if needed.
8. Serve the venison topped with walnut sauce.