- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Hot Venison Chili Recipe Video
|Venison||2 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|Jalapeno||5 Medium, diced|
|Mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Tomato||2 Medium, diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Sausages||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Black pepper powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||1 Carton (1 l)|
|Tomato puree||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato paste||3 Ounce|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red kidney bean||30 Ounce|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1231 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.3 mg16.1%
Sodium 2601.4 mg108.4%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.8%
Dietary Fiber 43 g171.9%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 109 g217.2%
Vitamin A 102.7% Vitamin C 136.9%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 151.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and rinse the vegetables and dice or chop them accordingly.
2. Cut the venison in small cubes and keep aside.
3. Cut mushrooms and keep aside.
4. Heat a black iron pan and add some cooking oil to it.
5. Add some meat fat to the pan and gently sauté it.
6. Add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and minced garlic to the pan. Stir well.
7. Take the sausage, cut the casing and scoop out the sausage meat. Add it to the pan and stir well. Let it cook for a while.
8. Add venison to the pan.
9. Pour a can of beef broth to it, add some salt, fresh ground pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, oregano, and give it all a good stir.
10. Add chopped mushrooms and stir again.
11. Pour a can of tomato puree, diced tomatoes, red kidney beans, and diced jalapenos.
12. Add beer and give it a nice stir once again.
13. Simmer for a while and add tomato paste to it. Bring it to a boil.
14. Cover the grill pan with a lid and slow cook the chili it for 2 hours.
15. Top off your venison chili with grated pepper jack cheese and serve hot with some corn chips.