- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Venetian Almond Layered Dessert Recipe
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Canned almond paste||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green food coloring||10 Drop|
|Red food coloring||8 Drop|
|Apricot preserves||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Semisweet chocolate square||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7446 Calories from Fat 3564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 402 g618.6%
Saturated Fat 236 g1180.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1571.6 mg
Sodium 1032 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 945 g314.9%
Dietary Fiber 31.1 g124.6%
Sugars 636.4 g
Protein 73 g145.8%
Vitamin A 224.2% Vitamin C 180%
Calcium 45.1% Iron 150.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form in small bowl.
3. Break up almond paste in a large bowl with a fork. Add butter, sugar, egg yolks and almond extract. Beat with electric mixer at high speed, until fluffy. Blend in flour and salt.
4. Fold beaten egg whites into almond mixture with wire whip.
5. Remove 1 1/2 cups batter; spread evenly into a prepared pan. Remove another ,1 1/2 cups batter and add the green food coloring; spread evenly into second prepared pan. Add red food coloring to remaining 1 1/2 cups batter and spread into the last prepared pan.
6. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) 15 minutes, or just until edges are golden brown. (Note: Layers will be thin, only 1/4-inch thick.)
7. Remove layers from pans immediately onto large wire racks. Cool thoroughly.
8. Place green layer on jelly roll pan. Heat apricot preserves; strain. Spread 1/2 of the warm preserves over green layer to edges; slide yellow layer on top; spread with remaining apricot preserves; slide pink layer, right-side up, onto yellow layer.
9. Cover with plastic wrap; weight down with a large wooden cutting board or heavy plate. Place in refrigerator overnight.
10. Melt chocolate over hot water in a small metal cup. Spread to edges of cake; let dry 30 minutes. Trim edges off cake. Cut into 1-inch squares.