- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tarte Au Citron Recipe
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon, cut into pieces (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), strained|
|Lemon juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), strained|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2357 Calories from Fat 1169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 133 g203.9%
Saturated Fat 76.3 g381.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1303.7 mg
Sodium 495.6 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 263 g87.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 155.9 g
Protein 39 g77.6%
Vitamin A 92.7% Vitamin C 125%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 52.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a food processor, process the butter for a few seconds until creamy. Add 1/4 cup of the sugar and process for about 20 seconds until the mixture is light and fluffy, scrape the sides of the bowl 1-2 times.
3) Add the vanilla, then the flour and salt and add it to the food processor. Process until the dough comes together around the sides of the bowl, scrape the sides of the bowl and process for a few more seconds.
4) In a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides.
5) Trim any excess dough over the top of the tart pan and lightly press the dough around so that it extends about 1/8 inch above the rim of the pan. Prick the bottom of the dough all over. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
6) Bake the partially or fully frozen tart shell for about 25 minutes until fully baked and golden brown. Cool the tart shell on a wire rack.
7) In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup sugar and the lemon juice together. Gradually whisk in the heavy cream, eggs and egg yolks.
8) In a saucepan, pour the mixture and cook for about 4 minutes over medium heat, whisking constantly until thick .
9) In a bowl, strain the mixture, then pour into the baked tart shell and bake for 4 minutes. Cool thoroughly on a rack.
10) Serve on a serving plate at room temperature.