- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Velvety Curried Shrimp Recipe
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into 1/4 -inch dice|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 Small, halved, seeds and ribs removed|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, cored, seeded, and finely chopped|
|Fresh vegetable broth/Defatted chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled and deveined (Medium)|
|Chopped cilantro leaves/Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 684 Calories from Fat 365
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g146.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344.7 mg
Sodium 692.1 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 52 g103.4%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 54.8%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 49.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy casserole, saute the onions, ginger and garlic in the oil over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until soft.
2) Stir in the curry powder cook over low heat for another 2 minutes.
3) Stir in the chili and tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the broth, bring to a boil, then gently simmer uncovered over a medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
5) Whisk in the coconut milk and cook for another 10 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thick. Then sprinkle with the salt to taste.
6) When ready to serve, allow the sauce to simmer over a medium-low heat and discard the chili.
7) Stir in the shrimp and simmer for 5 minutes, until just cooked.
8) Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro or parsley and serve immediately on individual serving plates.