- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veggies for the Week and Miso Yaki Salmon Recipe Video
|Carrot||1 Large, roughly chopped (For steamed veggie)|
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, bite size pieces (For steamed veggie)|
|Snap pea||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For steamed veggie)|
|Baby potato||100 Gram (For steamed veggie)|
|Potato||2 Large, cut in pieces (For steamed veggie)|
|Salmon fillet||6 Ounce|
|White miso||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mirin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 625 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.2 mg
Sodium 1310.6 mg54.6%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.5%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 38 g76.2%
Vitamin A 147.6% Vitamin C 525.6%
Calcium 22% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For green veggies, boil water in steamer, and put carrot in it. Cover it with lid and allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
2. Then add cauliflower, as it takes lesser time. Keep adding vegetables from the hardest to the softest ones. Cook until they are tender from outside, and crisp from inside.
3. Take the vegetables out of the steamer and put them in ice water to stop cooking.
4. Put the vegetables in a box, and place it in the refrigerator.
5. For Miso Yaki salmon, take a small bowl; combine together white miso, ginger, sugar, mirin, and rice vinegar. Blend it well and set it aside.
6. In a glass dish place the fish, and spread miso marinade on top. Put it in the refrigerator overnight.
7. In a grilling pan, place the fish flesh side down and allow it to sear for 3-5 minutes.
8. Turn the fish, reduce the heat and cook on the skin side.
9. Reheat the steamed veggies. You can saute them in olive oil, or even add a little broth.
9. On a plate place the grilled salmon, little boiled vegetable, sprinkle soya sauce on top and serve immediately.
Add vegetables in steamer one by one depending on the cooking time.
Do not cook vegetables for long.
Glass dish will keep the fish nice and cold in the refrigerator.
If you are in a hurry then you may marinade the fish just a couple of hours before cooking.
You can either sauté the vegetables with olive oil or just place then in the oven for a couple of minutes before serving.