- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veggielover Lasagna Recipe Video
|For the vegetable and sauce mixture|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Assorted vegetables||500 Gram, shredded, divided (Onions, bell pepper, eggplant, carrots, zucchini and squash used)|
|Red chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste) (Optional)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Marinara sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the lasagna bake|
|Oil||1 Drop (For greasing)|
|Lasagna sheet||250 Gram, boiled (mixed grain)|
|Cheese blend||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded, divided (ricotta and Parmesan or yellow or white cheese can be used)|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olives||50 Gram, pitted (as needed) (Optional)|
Calories 353 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.6 mg6.2%
Sodium 922.5 mg38.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 16.8%
Calcium 21% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
2. Take a baking dish and grease it with some cooking spray and set aside.
3. Take a sauce pan and heat it with a little olive oil. Add the garlic, onions and bell pepper and saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add a little bit of red chili flakes and Italian seasoning. Saute for a minute or so.
5. Add the rest of the vegetables of your choice and saute for a few minutes.
6. Add the marinara sauce and stir for a few minutes and turn off the heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Take the greased baking dish and put a layer of the prepared sauce and vegetable mix at the bottom of the dish.
8. Over the layer of sauce and vegetables, layer the boiled lasagna sheets/pasta and again spread one more layer of the sauce and vegetables topped with the shredded yellow and white cheese.
9. Repeat the same layering twice finishing it with a layer of sauce and vegetables followed by the shredded yellow and white cheese.
10. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese right on top followed by some olives.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
12. Serve warm with garlic bread and a beverage of your choice.