- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veggie Tian with Stuffed Lamb Chops and Wine Sauce - Part 2 Recipe Video
|Zucchini||1 Medium, cut in slices (for tian)|
|Yellow squash||1 Medium, cut in slices (for tian)|
|Egg plant||1 Medium, cut in slices (for tian)|
|Tomato||2 Medium (for tian)|
|Onion||3 Medium, chopped (for tian)|
|Thyme||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm) (for tian)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (for tian)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for tian)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (for tian)|
|Fried pepper/Bell pepper||2 Tablespoon (for tian)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for tian)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated (for tian)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for tian)|
|Lamb chop||1 Pound (for lamb chop)|
|Blue cheese||100 Gram, bite size pieces (for lamb chop)|
|Buro-crust||2 Tablespoon (for lamb chop)|
|Wine sauce||2 Tablespoon (for lamb chop)|
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 623
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.7%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 202.5 mg67.5%
Sodium 8086.4 mg336.9%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93.1%
Sugars 38.8 g
Protein 79 g158%
Vitamin A 46.4% Vitamin C 128.7%
Calcium 73.1% Iron 51.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For vegetable tian, on a kitchen towel, spread the vegetables. Sprinkle salt over it. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
2. For the Tian Provencal, in a pan, put chopped onion. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
3. Add thyme, cover it with lid, and allow it to sweat over low heat.
4. With a kitchen towel, dab excess moisture, and salt from the vegetables.
5. In a large bowl, put the vegetables, sprinkle flour over it, and mix it well.
6. Take a casserole pan and spread onions on its bottom.
7. Place vegetables on top of it. Decorate it in rows.
8. Sprinkle fried bell pepper, olive oil and bread crumbs on top.
9. For lamb chops, cut pocket in lamb pieces. Your pocket must be big on the inside and small on the outside.
10. Roll the cheese piece in bread crumbs, and insert it in the pocket of lamb chops.
11. Put some more bread crumbs and close the pocket.
12. Sprinkle Buro-crust on top of the lamb chops.
13. For vegetable tian, place the casserole in a hot oven (350 degree F)for about 40 minutes.
14. For lamb chops, put the stuffed lamb on a grill and brown them on one side.
15. Turn them, and place the pan in oven. Cook until done.
16. Arrange vegetable tian, and a lamb chop on each serving plate. Drizzle wine sauce over it.
17. Garnish with raspberries and cilantro.
Salt will draw away the moisture from the vegetable, making it perfect for the dish.
Flour will absorb the remaining moisture from the vegetables.
You can also place the vegetables in two layers, putting some parmesan cheese and lemon zest between layers.
Olive oil adds moisture to the vegetables and helps it to brown.
Cooking time depends on the type of casserole you are using and also on your oven.
Breadcrumbs will make the cheese stay inside the chop, after grilling.
If you do not have Buro crust, then you can always mix salt pepper, garlic or anything you like.