- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veggie Stuffed Peppers Recipe Video
|Cooked chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked millet||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grape seed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Eggplant||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black olives||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh basil||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2728 Calories from Fat 1064
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.9%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3782.1 mg157.6%
Total Carbohydrates 356 g118.7%
Dietary Fiber 106.5 g426.1%
Sugars 81.1 g
Protein 85 g169.1%
Vitamin A 407.4% Vitamin C 1327.5%
Calcium 179.2% Iron 237.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat grape seed oil in a pan. Add onions and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat, or until onions are soft and sweet.
2. Add fennel and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add egg plant, garlic, cumin, pepper, mustard seed, cinnamon, black olives, and pine nuts and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add cooked chick peas and millet, lemon juice, tomato juice, and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the fresh mint and basil and remove from heat.
6. Wash the red peppers and cut off the tops. Remove the seeds and inner ribs (pith). Rub the outside of the pepper with olive oil. Stuff each pepper to the rim with mixture and place in a roasting pan. Cover pan with tinfoil.
7. Bake for 1 hour in an oven preheated to 350F.
8. Serve with a shredded cucumber salad with green onion, fresh parsley, and yogurt.