- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veggie Burger for Vegetarians Recipe Video
|Garbanzo beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), boiled|
|Whole wheat flour/All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Corn flour may also be used as an alternative)|
|Walnut/Nuts of choice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro/Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Bell peppers||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Corn||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 422 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Food processor
2. Griddle - for grilling
1. Into a food processor, add the garbanzo beans/Chickpeas, whole wheat flour, walnut, cilantro, red chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Blend for a minute.
2. Then add the finely shredded carrots and olive oil. Blend to a coarse mixture. Once done remove the blended mixture into a bowl.
3. Into the bowl add the crushed cumin and the other finely chopped vegetables such as onions, bell peppers and corn.
4. Mix well using your hands to combine. Then, make burger patties shaping them with your hands. Meanwhile heat the griddle.
5. Once the burger patties are made, drizzle a little olive oil on them and spread it all over the patties with your finger.
6. Lay the patties on the griddle and let them cook for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
8. Assemble the burger on the bun slices along with your choice of vegetable slices such as onions, tomato and bell pepper, topped with some mustard, mayo and ketchup as per your taste.
9. The vegetable burgers can be served with sweet potato fries.
Adding the flour to the mixture while blending helps to absorb all the moisture released by the vegetables and chick peas.