- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Tex-Mex With Portobello Mushroom Recipe Video
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz) (With Jalapeno)|
|Kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned corn||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Tomato paste||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Portabella mushroom caps||2|
|Tortilla chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered garlic||To Taste|
Calories 2462 Calories from Fat 1253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g217.4%
Saturated Fat 19.7 g98.4%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1890.8 mg78.8%
Total Carbohydrates 251 g83.5%
Dietary Fiber 43.6 g174.5%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 62 g124.7%
Vitamin A 76.4% Vitamin C 190.4%
Calcium 47.4% Iron 99.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Stir in the tomatoes, black beans, dark kidney beans and tomato paste.
3) Season with chili powder, salt, powdered garlic and pepper to taste.
4) Stir occasionally and cook the mixture for about 18 minutes.
5) Brush the Portabella mushroom caps with a little olive oil and season them evenly with salt and pepper on both sides.
6) In a pan, drizzle in some olive oil, place the caps top side down and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
7) When the mushrooms are softened, flip them and cook them for another 3 to 5 minutes on the other side.
8) With 5 minutes left on the vegetable mixture, stir in the corn, mix thoroughly.
9) Spoon the chili into the mushroom caps and serve hot with tortilla chips.